Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Burnout Box Tips

  1. #1
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    I hate to say this but you have to rev it higher or shift into 2nd (dont recommend this) to get the tire speed higher than the coefficient of friction between the track surface and the tire so it cant grip.

    At about 7500-7800 I had no problem not creeping forward more like going sideways because of the gyro forces being generated.

    Also make sure the tires have enough water on them. If they are too dry you will hook up immediately like you are doing right now.
    Will

  2. #2
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm you bring up a good point.. perhaps I should use my 2-step rev limiter during the burn out as well since I'm launching at 7500rpms, i can just maintain that RPM through the burn out too..

  3. #3
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I have a question.

    Running 13x8 Bogarts with 24.5x8x13 M/T's and with ~300whp/~250ft/lb of TQ, when I do a burn out, I can't stay in the damn box long enough to warm up the tires!!

    I pull the ebrake up a far as it will go, dump the clutch at like 6-7k and after about 3-4seconds, the car pulls itself forward and out of the box!!!

    My question is, how do you stay put and not pull forward? mad confused

    C speedbanner

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 12SecGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2000
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sometimes spin the slicks real quick in the water, that way they are all wet when I start my burnout, at my track they wont let me burn in the water, I assume it is like that everywhere... also some people jerk the steering wheel left to right to keep the tires from hooking...

    why do you think that they are not getting heated enough?

    when I do my burnout, the car stands still for a couple seconds, then it pulls forward.. that is when I stop.. I assumed that the tires were getting hot/sticky enough, and that is why they start to pull me forward? who knows... I get 1.7 60 ft. times in a full interior 2700 lb integra with open diff... I dont think it could get much better than that in a full street car... maybee with a quaife...

    good luck!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JG Luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    12sec... where do you launch at? (RPM wise)

    ------------------
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

    Drive it like you stole it.
    If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

    http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/s...gen=4&orderby=

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 12SecGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2000
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I launch between 7000-8000... usualy closer to 8 than 7... this may not be ideal, because the slicks spin, but the car shoots away like crazy... anyt lower launches on my car and it seems to bogg...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JG Luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any broken axles?

    ------------------
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

    Drive it like you stole it.
    If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

    http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/s...gen=4&orderby=

  8. #8
    Inactive Member FIxALPHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2000
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    3G-Teg,

    What kind of e.t's did you pull at the track?

    Will,

    How are you? Have not seen your post in a while. Your car running good? Keep me up to date?


    Paul

    ------------------


    www.alpha-racing.com

  9. #9
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was running [email protected] on the busted motor.

    You can see one of the runs on C-SPEED in the media section:
    www.c-speedracing.com/media.html

    We were only running on 3.5 cylinders that day, what a pain in the arse!! argh.

    C speedbanner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •